Aged Care and Disability Project
The Consortium is funded by the Department of Health for a project within Disability and Aged Care facilities.
Bendigo Health and Sunraysia Community Health Service are delivering this project using two Clinical Nurse Consultants.
Achievements to date include:
- Establishment of palliative link nurses in residential aged facilities (RACFs) across the region to act as key contacts for the program and implement changes in their facilities. To date 127 of these roles have been established in 60 of the 63 facilities in the region.
- Utilisation of a Commonwealth government funded program (Palliative Approach Toolkit for Residential Aged Care) to train and support these workers
- Liaison and networking with disability facilities in the region leading to education and support to a number of facilities
- Networking and support activities including completion of a reverse PEPA placement into Cohuna and delivery of education sessions to PEPA participants and other RACF workers
- Establishment of telehealth in 30% RACFs.
- Evaluation and monitoring activities.